we will be on a plane to China and Abbey! 7 days...next Tuesday!
I have been running around like crazy trying to make sure we have everything we could possibly need on the trip. Then I will remember something else... add it to the list, then go back start organizing my stacks of stuff, then...
remember I forgot to do so and so...
you get the picture, don't you?
I am a little stressed. It is much harder packing for 4 of us instead of just Mike and I. I am taking a pharmacy on wheels attempting to cover any possible illness known to man. That is my biggest fear with taking the kids... that one of them will get sick and I want have the meds we need. Oh please oh please Lord, keep all of us healthy and well. Please.
We did get Abbey's suitcase packed last night. Check that off the list.
We also got Abbey's room somewhat organized this past weekend. A sweet friend of mine at the clinic offered me her little girl's crib bedding with guess what?? LADYBUGS!
It is precious! This same friend also gave me tons of clothes and toys for Abbey. I just sat on the floor looking at all of it and almost cried.... tears of thankfulness and joy for friends and for HIM providing for all of our needs.
Please keep all of us in your prayers this week. It is a time of seeing to final details, floods of emotions, including joy and yes, fear; packing and repacking, frustration and lack of sleep.
Then I look at my little girl's picture plastered all over my refrigerator and counter-tops and all I can think is.... I can't wait to hold her.
I am really going to hold her.
OK... there go the tears...
Hugs as you prepare and prayers to help quide your way!
ReplyDeleteIf you need anything just let me know!
Donna
Hooray for travel! We will also be in your travel group. We are so excited to meet you and to share this wonderful experience! See you next week!
ReplyDeleteSuzie Daley
http://thedaleysvt.blogspot.com
My friend and co-worker, Wendy McWilliams, gave me your blog address! So excited to follow your journey! We are in the adoption process of bringing our baby girl home from Ethiopia! Can't wait to see your sweet Abbey in your arms!!
ReplyDelete