It is Monday afternoon and I am counting the hours before we board the plane to Abbey.
We found out this morning that our flight to Atlanta was cancelled due to the ice/snow accumulations there. So... our travel agent, Sue Sorrels (who is amazing by the way) spent the morning trying to re-route us through another city. Long story short: we are leaving here and flying to Dallas at 6 am in the morning. Early...yes. From there we fly to Seoul, Korea, layover there, then on to Beijing. We arrive in Beijing on Jan. 12.
The past 2 weeks have been so busy and crazy. I have spent most of my time preparing for this trip and making 500 trips to Wal-mart! I am sick of Wal-Mart.
So last night after I had finished packing and repacking for the "umpteenth" time, I actually took a minute to sit in Abbey's room and just think.
I sat in the rocking chair that I have rocked all my babies in. I looked around her room thinking of what it will be like to look over at her crib and see her standing at the side-rail smiling back at me.
What it will be like to snuggle up to her.
What it will feel like to hold her little misshapened hand in mine.
I will kiss that little hand and hold onto it for dear life.
I will forever be amazed at this process of adoption and the change it has brought about in my life.
I cannot imagine my life without Madeline, now Abbey, the connection I feel to China and it's culture, the friends I have made who also adopted children from China, and my FAITH that has been tried at times throughout this process; yet sustains my very existence. It is faith that has told me time and time again... don't give up, she is waiting.
And I always, ALWAYS think of the birthmother. How can you not think of the person who brought this miracle into the world? I often pray that somehow the birthmother will know how much their baby is loved and adored. I thank God these 2 little girls call me "mom" because of the "mom" who gave them life.
My life is amazing and I cannot think of a better place to be than "right now". We are about to make our family of 5, into a family of 6! I am beyond blessed. Now just hold on for the ride as we countdown to bringing our next "China princess" home. We are coming sweet Abbey. Mommy loves you.
No comments:
Post a Comment