Saturday, December 4, 2010

An Early Christmas Gift

I received an early Christmas gift this past week...pictures of my sweet Abbey.

But first I have to share a little about how I came about getting them.
I met a mom on a yahoo group I belong to. Her daughter was at Amazing Hands foster home prior to her adoption this past year. Amazing Hands is where our Abbey is being cared for in Beijing! The mom had the most positive things to say about the care that her daughter received at AH and has reassured me that Abbey is being loved and cared for while she waits for us. This has meant so much to me. I have felt such a peace about Abbey being in their care and I know that she is being "loved on". I never quite felt that way with Madeline while waiting. Of course, you pray every day and night that your child is being held, fed, and loved, and then you simply have to turn it over to Him.
Easier said than Done....
So, back to the pictures.... the mom sent me some information and I googled it.
Lo and behold, pictures came up from the foster home that Abbey is at. A group of students from a high school in Beijing visited the home in October and posted the pictures on their school website. How amazing is that???
I see her little face and the tears start flowing... I know it's her! She is so little. The teacher from the school is holding her in one of the pictures. I immediately sent the pictures to Mike at work.
Now I have the picture as my screensaver so I stare at her sweet face all the time!

So my early Christmas gift has been the opportunity to see my precious little girl's face.
Such a simple thing but it means more than I can even put into words. It is simply a place in my heart where God is telling me... she's OK and she is loved... see how much I love you both.

1 comment:

  1. All of these signs, these wonders....are part of His plan to give you peace while you wait. It makes you realize how awesome the BIGGER plan is, the whole journey when these types of incidences happen. Same thing happened with Emily and me. Someone somewhere in the world has a picture of your daughter and you're able to find them. Not coincidence. Just the mightiness and awesome wonder of a WONDERFUL Lord. He's there in the quiet, and He's there all the way around the world...getting information to you.
    How can you not be humbled and overwhelmed by it all? Impossible.
    Thanks for sharing. We are celebrating along with you.
    Love,
    Vicki
    (...who has your baby gift here with me!!!)

    ReplyDelete