Sunday, November 28, 2010

Cody's Birthday

Today my first-born is 15 years old!
15... didn't we just celebrate his 1st birthday with a cake and the number "1" on it?
His 1st birthday actually was on Thanksgiving Day that year. I had a lot to be thankful for that 1st birthday.
I had preterm labor starting at 22 weeks, surgery to close my cervix, put on bed-rest the rest of the pregnancy, my mom practically moved to Nashville to help me, many middle-of-the-night trips to the hospital, a first marriage falling apart, and through all of this... my baby boy continued to grow inside of me and became the most important thing in my life.
I am thankful for this day... Cody's birthday... to remind me of how much of a miracle he is and how much I love him. There are so many times that we don't agree and yes; we argue like most teenage boys and their moms. But half of the time, the arguements and disgareements stem from THIS mom having a hard time letting go of her son. (the other half are from his temporary loss of reason,hygeine,and decision-making skills)
It is hard to let go of something you fought so hard to bring into the world. I am so blessed to call him my son and I am so thankful that he calls me MOM. Happy Birthday Cody... I love you more than you will ever know.

No comments:

Post a Comment