Saturday, July 27, 2013

New LIfe

Well, here it is almost the end of July.
We had a great 4th, we have enjoyed the pool, we have completed a few more projects and
NOW...
school is right around the corner...
can you say.. YUCK? as in NO WAY, I am NOT ready to relinquish my mornings of sleeping late.
I will just have to push this subject to the back of my mind and pretend it isn't really happening.
I do that a lot.

But there are a few other things going on around the Runner home. And these things are worthy of remembering and celebrating I might add.

My beautiful neice and her hubby had their first child last week. Exactly a week ago today we welcomed this precious baby into the world.
She is SOOOO perfect in every way! I got to hold her for only a few minutes last weekend before we had to load up and return home. I loaded the girls and Matt up in the SUV and made the trip to Dallas, TX
                                                                              all by myself!
Mike was visiting his mom in WV. so it was either miss this sweet event or load the kiddos up and take off. I am so glad we made the trip! It was worth every mile to see this precious baby and snuggle her for a minute.
There is nothing... And I mean NOTHING like holding a baby in your arms.
It made me miss holding my little ones.
I am one of those people that will still want a baby when I am old...
wait I AM OLD!
So what?
Is it so wrong I think that snuggling and kissing my children while rocking them to sleep is pure bliss?
Being old doesn't mean you forget how to love, nurture, relish, and simply absorb every little detail about your childs tiny feet and fingers or the way they smile while sleeping.
Yes I miss those days. .
Not to say that I don't treasure every stage that childhood brings, but there is something extra sweet about this precious stage of life. Thank you Lord for this precious gift of NEW LIFE.



No comments:

Post a Comment