Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Beach Trip 2013

We decided several months ago to make the trip back to the beach this summer.
We had such a wonderful time last year and knew the girls would love the pool and beach again.

This year we were lucky enough to have Matthew join us. He was suppose to have a friend go with us, but plans didn't work out for that. At first he was a little "bummed" but he soon got over it once we were at the condo.


The weather was absolutely gorgeous. I was much more at ease this year with Abbey being around the water. She understood
                                    the waves "coming in'
                                                  and
                                     the waves "going out"
and she wore her swim vest at the pool so I could actually SIT and watch this year. Whewww...


Mike and Matthew soon got bored with the beach and had to find other things to keep them busy. They went in-shore fishing one afternoon on a charter boat and Matt landed a 15 lb. Redfish.

I think this was the HIGHLIGHT of the trip for him!!
The girls and I were simply happy to play on the beach and hang out at the pool.
Oh... and look for seashells. We loved looking for seashells. It didn't matter that we already had 2 buckets full, NO...

here's another one
this one is so pretty
this one is cool
aww.. look how tiny this one is.

Loved every minute of it. I know all too well these moments are fleeting and I do not want to miss a thing with my kiddos. I already missed having first-born son there with us. He had other plans back at home, but hopefully he will join us next year.


I just wish VACATIONS were longer.
Not enough time to do absolutely nothing!

No comments:

Post a Comment