Monday, August 15, 2011

Stop the ride... I want to get off!

How is it that in a matther of days my life can go from semi-normal to outright chaos?
School has started... and with that comes a hundred pieces of paper to keep up with and sign for this teacher and that event, or payments for PTO affairs, lunch money deposited into accounts, and of course the homework that ensues.

Now, factor in the above X 3!
Now factor in a 23 pound little thing that has also managed to turn her mother's world upside-down right here as school has started for the big kids. Let me explain.

Abbey officially climbed(leap) out of her crib two weeks ago. It all happened in slow-motion and I thought my heart would never recover. She hasn't been sleeping through the night for well over a month now. She would wake up everytime we put her in her crib and cry inconsolably. This occurred several times a night. Mike and I were taking shifts, but we were at the end of our parent-hood rope.
So after scaling the crib, we had no option but to put her in the bed with us until we made arrangements for a toddler bed. Now I no what you are thinking....
" What nuts... dont' they know that is the biggest no-no in raising children."
"Poor Abbey, now she will be dependent on her crazy parents the rest of her life"
"Big mistake, now they will never get her out of their bed."
I am here to tell you,
That was the best night sleep I have had in months. She drifted right off to sleep,hardly wiggled and snuggled up against me several times. But, Mike is an early riser and Abbey would her him awake and get up as well,.. a little too early.

Now we have a toddler bed in her room next to the twin bed, She does great when Mike puts her in it. But with me she wants me to lie down on the twin bed, then she crawls up on the twin bed to sleep next to me, UUUGGGH... so we spend our entire nap time climbing up and down and getting mad. It isn't pretty
I can honestly say I now know  how our friends that adopted their daughter Francesca felt when their   little girl turned out to be a fire-cracker!!!! I feel like i am on a hyper-vigilant mission to spoil and
 contain any unusual distress she may cause around the house and elsewhere. She basically leaves me exhausted.
If you are reading this and it describes your child, then Bless you,. I will be praying for you and I ask you to do the same for me. 
If you are reading this and thinking... children do not behave like this with proper parental control. Call me I would love for you to go to lunch with Abbey and I . It will be one you won't forger!


Anyhoot... we still  are not sleeping , she is still waking up, school started right on time. I am just praying we have all of this worked out soon, Pray that Abbey will somehow understand that her mommy is losing it and that she will have mercy on me,

Naaaaggghhhh!

2 comments:

  1. Oh Dear Rene,

    I totally know what you're saying. Our #1 Paige was the same way. I thought I would die from lack of sleep. Paige also jumped out of her crib. What a nightmare.... Prayer and thoughts for you!! Call if you ever need to decompress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sleep depravation is not good for the mama that I know!!! I am sorry! I truly hope it gets better soon! Thank goodness she is so stinkin' cute! Helps I know!

    ReplyDelete