Here we go... back to school week at the Runner home. The summer flew by when we weren't looking!
Cody's first day of class is Friday, Madeline has orientation and class begins Wednesday and Matthew started school today. All three are at different schools, hence the varying start dates.
Bottom line though... our mornings of sleeping late are OVER.
I hate alarm clocks. Horrible way to be wakened out of a wonderful sleep.
Matthew is in 6th grade this year at a new school. It was a hard decision to make, but Mike and I felt he was ready for a change. So did Matthew. I know he will do great, but the momma in me conjures up all the worries and "what-if's?" I sat with him before he went to sleep last night and I prayed over my son.
I prayed out loud so he could hear me asking God for his guidance and protection over him.
Oh how this momma prayed... you name it, we prayed about it.
So this morning I watched as he walked up the driveway to wait on the bus. I told him I loved him one more time and he waved his hand back to me as if to say... "I know, I know you have told me a hundred times.. you love me, you love me." I remembered a saying this morning too.
To be a mom is to have your heart go walking around outside your body.
I couldn't agree more.
No comments:
Post a Comment