Well it is June 19... Father's Day 2011. It is also the middle of summer here in Mississippi which means it is very HOT! Hot as in 100 degrees!
No, I am not kidding.
And, despite the soaring temps my sweet hubby grilled out this evening for us to enjoy a wonderful Father's day meal with my mom and dad, my brother and sister-in-law and of course our crew.
The kids and I gave Mike an outdoor anti-gravity lounge chair. We still aren't sure what the "anti-gravity" deal is all about, but he likes it and the kids say it's cool so... it must be cool!
I am extremely blessed to have Mike as a husband and "Daddy" to our kids. I am sure he had no idea when we got married that he would have 4 kids one day and travel around the world to bring 2 of them home! He also has to put up with me and my "Big Heart" and be the sensible one in our marriage. If not, then I probably would have packed us up and moved to China after we brought Madeline home. He knows that is where my part of my heart lies... in China with all the waiting children who will never have a mom and dad to call their own.
Thanks Mike for loving me and loving our children.
You are a great DAD and I love you.
No comments:
Post a Comment