Saturday, June 4, 2011

The Cast is Off!





As you can probably tell from the above pictures, yesterday was pretty traumatic for Abbey and MOM, too!
The cast saw was so loud, so that started her screaming right away. After that, she didn't want any of us  touching her leg. We convinced her to let me run warm water over it and wipe off some of excess skin.
She was OK with this, until Dr. Purvis came in to take a look. 
Our doctor thinks the surgery went very well and was pleased with the placement of her foot. NOW..... in order to keep he foot in the correct alignment she will have to wear braces on both feet at nighttime and during her nap. Abbey had already experienced braces in China, but this brace is different and will allow more movement of her legs. She hardly fussed this afternoon when I put them on her for nap


I just cannot tell you what a relief it is to have that cast off and our surgeries done with for a while. I feel like I can actually breathe now,... I have prayed so hard for the doctors, abbey, the other kids, myself and mike, everything. I feel drained and elated at the same time. Elated that it is all behind us, and drained because it zapped everything out of me----literally. This would have been so much harder if Abbey was not the "trooper" she has turned out to be. She simply amazes me. I thank God every night for making me her mommy. I am so lucky to be the mother of two precious little girls and two handsome boys. We are undeniably bubbling over with blessings!!!

2 comments:

  1. OH, I know all of those feelings so well!!!

    What bar did they put her in? Sounds like the Dobbs bar?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! Abbey's good looks SUPER! You are a super mom! Wish we could all get together.... we've each been through a lot since January. Crazy, but worth it. Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete