Saturday, April 9, 2011

Abbey's surgery update Part II

We had our second follow-up appt. yesterday with Abbey's hand surgeon. Everything looks great and her hand is healing well. Of course, the sutures and scabbing looks less than great to me! But I am not the doctor... I am the MOM! She is using her hand more and more each day. That is a good thing, because we have our NEXT surgery tentatively scheduled for the week before Easter.
Back to the cast and bathtime next to the sink... uugghh.
This surgery will be much like the last one, minus the finger separation.
I pray she does as well with this surgery as she did with the 1st one. I know the surgeries are necessary, but it sure is hard to see my baby have to go through this. And really this is sooo minor to what many families have to do once they bring their adopted child home needing corrective surgery of some type.
Please keep us in your prayers as her little hand continues to heal. We all love her so much....

No comments:

Post a Comment