Sunday, February 20, 2011

Welcome Home Baby Shower for Abbey

Our Church, Brandon Presbyterian, wanted to give us a Welcome Home Party and Shower for Abbey. We were so excited for everyone to meet Abbey and share in our joy of finally being back home. On Friday, Feb. 11, we all met in the fellowship hall to enjoy hamburgers, hot dogs and the fixins. I was amazed at the number of people who came and it meant so much to all of us to have everyone there.

I can honestly say, thought, the highlight of the shower were the "Ladybug Cakes" that Rebekkah Dawson made. They were so adorable.!! Rebekkah and John had actually brought us supper the first weekend we were home from China. So Rebekkah got to see Abbey's nursery and the Ladybug theme I decided to use. Little did I know she would take those "bugs" and turn them into the cutest cupcakes, decorations, and the big cake centerpiece. I told her once all my adoption buddies saw the cakes.... everyone will want one! Rebekkah put so much thought into planning this shower and it was so wonderful.... I just cannot thank her enough for making it so special. Hope you enjoy the pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment