Saturday, August 7, 2010

A Runner-Basile Reunion August 2010







I have shared with most of you the story of our trip to China to adopt Madeline back in 2005. That journey led us to our daughter AND our Friends-for-Life the Basile's. Virginia and Pete Basile are from Pittsburgh, PA. We met in the LA airport before boarding our flight to China.

Virginia and I had actually spoke on the phone prior to our trip (CCAI travel list) and discovered we shared quite a few things in common.
1. We both have 2 bio sons
2. We both had "horrible" pregnancies that led us to consider adoption
3. Both our husbands are engineers
4. Our girls of course were at the same orphanage in Guiping, China.
AND
our daughters were born one day apart!
Madeline's birthdate is Jan. 19, 2004 Francesca's birthdate is Jan. 20, 2004

The friendship that formed during that stay in China and afterwards is nothing short of amazing!
We have visited them in Pittsburgh twice, we met once in Pigeon Forge, TN for vacation and now they have made the trip to Mississippi twice now. The latest being last week. Whew.. the heat almost made them turn around and head back north... ha.
The girls have grown up listening to Virginia and I talk about them and know about the special bond they share. Madeline and Francesca (aka Frankie) have very different personalities... think "quiet,timid mouse" and "bull in a china shop" and you get the picture! But oh how they loved being together playing, laughing, bugging their big brothers, and pretending last week. Not one argument! The smiles I caught on camera do not do these two justice!!
I love these girls so much. Look what their little lives have done.. brought two different families... from two different parts of the country... together forever.
And it all started in a very far away place called CHINA.


No comments:

Post a Comment