Thursday, June 10, 2010

The Wait



It's Thursday evening and I am tired. T-I-R-E-D. Funny word. Say it out loud... sounds funny doesn't it?
I worked the last three days and am so glad I have tomorrow off. Or do I??
Tomorrow is our 3rd Homestudy visit for our adoption.
When we started THIS adoption process, our dear and much loved, social worker was Tonya. She has 3 adopted children and completely understands the mountains and valleys of this process. We did our home-study(HS) update with her back in March. Then...
She is no longer with our agency. NO fault of hers I assure you. Now we have a new social worker. We were told the HS that Tonya did back in March would suffice
for our update but... a few weeks ago the new SW said she
needed to do a home visit for the update.. ARRGH!

I'm not frustrated that she has to come to our home. She and the Chinese government know everything about us(our family) except our underwear size. I am frustrated that it is 3 MONTHS later and we are still trying to complete this one simple step. So tomorrow we answer more questions, review our file, etc.
The WAIT drags on...
Ready to have this paperwork behind us. Ready to see my next little China princess.
Picture of China Princess #1 on her Gotcha' Day March 7, 2005.

No comments:

Post a Comment